P.T. Kerbau was established in 1956 by Mr. Ong Giok Soen to produce clove cigarettes under the brand name of “Tjap Kerbau”. In 1970 the factory and head quarter were moved to the Jl. Kol. Sugiyono No. 224 Sekip, Solo, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia, location to facilitate expansion of the manufacturing and distribution centers. A company was also established to supply the printing and packaging need of P.T. Kerbau clove cigarette manufacturing.
Various brands of clove cigarettes are produced by P.T. Kerbau for domestic distributions and select countries.
Sales and Distribution centers are located in Klaten, Yogyakarta, Kediri, Madiun, Semarang, Blora, Jakarta, Bogor, Kendari and Makasar.